Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Scottish Christmas Walk

Well, My dad left on Dec. 3rd and we had a few quiet days. Then on Sat. Dec. 6th we went to the Scottish Christmas Walk in Alexandria, VA. It was SO SO SO cold that day, we froze our tushies off!! Aleaxandria is a cute town, it's not little, but it's really old and historic.... I really liked it....

The Parade was really cool, there were tons of different clans and they all played the bagpipes, which we LOVE!! There were lots of doggie rescue/lover groups so there were TONS of scottie's and deerhound's, collie's etc. they were so cute.

Tristan, who is the most social child in the world, made friends with the kid next to us and they chased after candy together, and shouted "look at that!" together.... He even invited him over to our house and to his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's.... by the time his birthday arrives, he will have invited every single person in DC... and that homeless guy in Baltimore too.... We REALLY need to start teaching him about "Stranger Danger" b/c he will, and does, talk to ANYONE and tells them EVERYTHING, and invites them to OUR HOUSE!!!! Oy.....

Anyways, Santa brought up the end of the parade on a fire engine and it was over. I think it will be a regular thing that we do during the holidays, it was nice. Also, I noticed this terribly cute Canadian Creperie Cafe, called Le Fontaine, and I REALLY want to try it! We are thinking about going to First Night Alexandria for New Year's Eve and maybe trying this place out.... but we still haven't truly decided if we want to go out b/c we've been so busy...we might just enjoy the night in.... I dunno.... we'll see.....

No comments: