Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Holiday Stuff

On Dec. 9th, my Mom got here and on the 10th my Nanny got here... we went out to eat, A LOT :)

On Friday I took them, via the metro, to DC ;) They are not in the best shape... there was much complaining about the walking :) FYI for people visiting DC...you will walk, a LOT, no matter what... so be prepared for that :)

I took them to the newly re-habbed Museum of American History. I must say, they did a really good job with this place... it was pretty neat. I love looking at all that old stuff; they even had a Dumbo from the original Dumbo ride in Disneyland, brought a tear to my eye... well, not really, but it was cool!

Then we back-tracked over to the Museum of the American Indian to eat lunch, b/c as I have stated before, it's way cool! This time I had some smoked potato soup, a tamale and the customary blackberry tart....mom had the same thing and Nanny had the braised Buffalo shanks in roasted root vegetables... she liked it.

Next we walked through the Botanical Gardens, and then we were done and walked back to our metro stop. Did I mention it was FREEZING??? Cause it SO was..... Brrrrrr.

No comments: