Arthur and Tristan were climbing on the rocks near this first set of "rapids" while I just sat on a rock and enjoyed the sound of the water....
There was a section where you had to walk across this giant embankment of rock. We sat for a bit and just enjoyed the beauty and peace and quiet....
Both Arthur and Tristan spent a lot of time jumping from rock to rock, and, trying to skip rocks as well. I spent a lot of time saying, "be careful", "don't fall" and "hold Daddy's hand"...pretty normal stuff actually :) We were relaxing on some big flat rocks, watching Tristan make "boats" out of giant leaves and watching them float down the river.....when we heard...."HORSIES!!"
Apparently, this particular park allows horses on the trails, and has a lot of them! We kept hearing them galloping through the trees. This guy was having fun playing in the water.... We also saw lots of deer and even a water snake twirling through the water. We saw the snake right after I was saying how next time we could swim in the river.....hahahaha, I don't think so!Of course, King Arthur had to remind me the rest of the hike how expensive horses are.... AND that they are a lot of work, AND , well...I can't remember what else he was saying.... I just know that I want me some HORSES!! YAY HORSES!! I think I'll name mine... Bella.....
When we were done with the trail, we went back to the car and then drove through the park until we found a nice sized playground so Tristan could play with some other kids...he was a really good sport about the hike. Arthur wouldn't carry him, or put him on his shoulders b/c we are trying to build up his endurance....no 4 yr. old should be pooped after a 2 mile walk, especially after numerous stops to rest! He only whined a bit at the end....but the playground cheered him right up, and he got his second wind ;)
We came home to Gingersnap Pot Roast, that was in the crockpot while we were gone, and it filled the whole house with a beautiful aroma! Now that is a PERFECT autumn day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment