I just wanted to tell you all about this great book, by Barbara Kingsolver, that I read over the summer. It was all about eating the way our ancestors have been eating since the dawn of time; In Season and Organic.
Basically, for a whole year, she and her family consumed only what they grew on their farm or purchased locally (within the county/State). She chronicles a year of "food life". It is sooooo interesting!! She talks all about the history of certain foods and farming, and weaves in interesting facts about our food economy today. )I know that sounds boring, but it's SO not, I couldn't put it down, LOL) Some of the facts about what we put into our bodies is extremely interesting. I honestly can't go on enough about this book, and I must admit, I don't do it justice ;) I am putting the link on My Favorite Links section, so check it out!!
FYI: On the site (which is free) there is a recipe for a Grilled Vegetable Panini.... we tried it over the summer and it is absolutely FABULOUS, even if you don't read the book, try out the recipe!!
1 comment:
Hey! So I read this blog after you posted it and finally got the book today. I'm finishing another right now but will start this one soon. Looks great-good suggestion!
Post a Comment