Those punks woke me up, WAY earlier than they should have, so we could go to the lake. UGH. Basically, we went to Lake Winfield Scott for the day and had fun. Pretty normal, I'll add a pic later.
The lake is in Suches, GA and we have been going there since about 5th grade... before we even lived up there.
I think Tristan swallowed some Lake water b/c he got a fever that night (or he got bit by the scorpion that was in the bed, I dunno) ... and I was reminded why I could NEVER live out in the country again... 4:30 am, we wake up, and Tristan is burning up... mom didn't have ANY kids medicine. So, if we were at OUR house (you know, in civilization) I could go 5 minutes down the road and choose one of the dozen or so places that are open and buy some medicine (or) drive 10 minutes to Nighttime Pediatrics and have him seen by a doctor...
BUT, we were in the boonies.... SO, I had to drive 25 minutes to Wal-Mart (on scary, dark and foggy streets) to get medicine; doctors at this hour (?) - not even an option. THEN, I realized I was low on gas and had to drive around for another 5 minutes looking for an open gas station. THEN, drive 25 minutes back to the house. Yeah, I will take the city any day.
No comments:
Post a Comment