Sunday, June 7, 2009

Monday, May 25th

Monday was kind of a cruddy day... Pepaws wake was that night, plus it was raining pretty hard and was just nasty out. I wanted to go and take Arthur to the French Quarter, but the rain kinda scewed that up. So, we ended up just driving through so he could atleast see it... looks pretty much the same as always... we also drove by City Park, which was a favorite of mine growing up. They still had the amusement park and Storyland, which was awesome, brought back lots of good memories :)

Anyways, then we met up with everyone for an early dinner before the wake. Right before the wake my Nanny called and said that they wanted ME to write the memorial for my Pepaw's funeral... thanks for the advance notice guys!

The wake was, well... it was sad and depressing but at the at the same time, good. It was good to see all the people who came... some of whom I had never met, like his sisters. It was good in that it helped us to come to grips with his death. But, it was really sad b/c seeing Pepaw's body there was the first time I had seen him in about two years. And that really hurt.... I should have visited more. Of course, hind sight is 20/20.

That night we just came home and my sisters helped me to write the memorial. I finally went to bed around 1 am.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Thanks for sharing. It's hard -- whenever someone passes on we always wish we'd visited more or called more, or...something. But, you know, that's just how it goes. It's just hard (impossible) to be everything to everyone at all times.

It's good to hear the French Quarter hasn't changed too much. :O)