Thursday, January 29, 2009

Found One!

Well, that house that I liked in the Flood Zone was WAY too small, and it would have DEFINITELY flooded, so that was a no-go....

Two weeks ago, we went to look at 5 more houses; 2 Townhomes and 3 Single Family's. We ended up choosing one of the townhomes. The SFH's just needed WAY too much work, Oy! They were all built in the 60's and while the work was mostly cosmetic, by the time I spent a fortune updating the house, the roof would need to be fixed, KWIM? Also, reality kinda set in and we realized that we don't really have the time right now to maintain a big yard. As much as we want one, it would just add way too much stress and work to our lives.

So, we chose a 3 Br/2.5 Bath, 3 level townhouse. It's in GREAT condition and doesn't need any work at all!! It only has a teeny-tiny strip of a yard, BUT it's one of those "Planned Communities" so it has huge play areas all over the place. There are multiple playgrounds, ball fields, several pools (one right by our house!), jogging/walking trails, a dog park, a 24 hr. gym, and tons more. There is plenty of open space for Tristan to play in, but we don't have to maintain it, YAY!!

Anyways, we put in an offer, they countered and we accepted. Seller is paying all our closing costs! Thank goodness, 'cause there is no way we could come up with it! We'll have the home inspection this week, and if all goes well with that, I'll be very excited! We close in March b/c I'm just way too busy to move right now... hopefully, everything goes as planned!!

2 comments:

Kassy and Mike said...

I'm sooo excited for you guys! Sorry I haven't written for so long. Send pics as soon as you can of the new place. YAY!!!

Sunshine said...

Oh, that is so amazing,Guinevere! I am so happy for you! It sounds AWESOME. Pool, trails, 24-hour gym -- working out should be no prob!

PS: my blogger id is "Sunshine" now (formerly Ka Beikai). I want to start an anonymous blog too! :O)