House buying is a lot more complicated than I thought it would be!! Out of alllllll the houses available (in our price range) in our area, there are only FIVE, yes, 5 houses that we are interested enough in to see. Our top pick is a new construction that is only ONE block from the community beach and right next to a boat marina. AWESOME, right?? Hah! Apparently, said house is in a High Risk Flood area...cause it's so close to the water.... which means we would have to get Flood Insurance. Greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat. That stuff can be EXPENSIVE. SO, I called to get a quote, BUT I can't get one until I get an Elevation certificate from the Seller. OY!! I'm going to see it tomorrow, maybe I won't like it....
Out of the other 4, one is also in a High Risk flood zone and two are short sales. Short sales are good for one thing only, Price. They can take forever to go through b/c of dealing with the banks, and it means that they probably haven't been maintained that well...which really stinks b/c then it's possible it won't pass the VA inspection, and the banks won't improve on the property to pass inspection.... UGH. This was SUPPOSED to be fun!!! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment