Thursday, February 26, 2009

House Progress

OK, so our mortgage process is moving right along! We had the home inspection and that went really well, the house is in great condition and the seller agreed to fix the minor things that the inspector found.

We have a "rate protect" option on our loan which means that our interest rate is set at 5.7%, BUT we have a one time "float down" option. Basically, I have to call and check the rates everyday and lock it in when I think it's as low as we're gonna' get. If I don't lock it in by 5 days till closing, then the rate is 5.7%. I'm hoping to get a 5.3% or lower, we'll see!!

We are set to close on March 27th, in the morning :) I'm starting to get really excited!! Even though the house doesn't NEED any work, we'll be quite busy decorating and painting to suit our tastes. My problem is.... I don't really know what my tastes are.... I have NO idea how I want to fix up the first level (kitchen, living, dining) and I keep changing my mind. So we have decided to start on the top floor and work our way down. I know that I want our bedroom and bath to be in blue and white, cause I LOVE blue, it's my favorite color! I'll put up pics when I'm done with each room :)

It will take a while though :( We have really high ceilings on the 3rd floor and the hallways and stairways. We also have to buy multiple pieces of furniture to replace most of our apartment stuff. I don't care how long it takes though, I'm just happy to FINALLY be getting my own place!!!!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Think warm colors in the living room, maybe. Also, blue apparently decreases/suppresses your appetite compared to colors like orange, yellow, and red, so if you're trying to lose weight, maybe use blue in the kitchen and dining room too!