Well, we have a had quite a bit going on around here, so I'll be posting a few things tonight :)
First, getting ready for the Holidays is in full swing around here!! YAY!!! On Veteran's Day, we invited Angelina Ballerina and her mommy over to make Thanksgiving crafts and yummy chocolate chip cookies!! We listened to Christmas music while we worked, and the kids ran around with Arthur when they got bored with cutting out their hand prints. Luckily for them, their mommies love to do crafts! We made several things Turkey Day related and then we made some Chocolate Chip cookies. I found a recipe that makes the cookies so they stay soft and chewy, the way I like them ;) Apparently, the trick is to add a 4 oz. box of instant vanilla pudding to the butter/sugar mixture. It worked and they were SO yummy :)
I have also put up all my holiday village pieces! I love having them up :) I am starting to get quite a collection going, and I reckon by the time I have somewhere to set up an actual town, I'll have plenty of pieces to do so! The rest of the decorations will be put up after Thanksgiving. We have been listening to lots of Christmas music, drinking Hot Chocolate, watching Holiday movies, etc. and this is the first year that the Holidays haven't felt all rushed and over before I could enjoy them, YAY!!
I already have enough Apple Butter for family gifts this year, and I only have 9 more presents to buy for Christmas!! All the gifts that I have bought so far, are wrapped and in my closet.... I don't even have to ship them this year b/c I'll be sending them home with my mom when she comes in a few weeks!! I have bought my stuffing and made/canned Cranberry Sauce for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I'll be making my mashed potatoes and sweet potato casserole and freezing them to have ready. I want to make and freeze my pumpkin rolls too, but I don't know if that will ruin them or not.... my Dad gets here this weekend, and we'll get and brine the Turkey on Tuesday! WHEW!! See! Busy ;)
***(I LOVE it!!!)***
No comments:
Post a Comment