So, I have been trying to make our household more "green" and I really need to clear my last hurdle. I need to be more frugal. Specifically, I need to quit spending so much dang money on junk. Junk that creates more clutter for me to clean up and dust, and that also just becomes more trash to destroy the planet. SO, starting NOW I am going to be more frugal!!
-I am going to use of my local freecycle group!
-I am going to stop throwing away leftovers!
-I am going to stop making recipes that require copius amounts of creme fraiche, etc.
-I am going to shop at antique/thrift shops for household items
-I am going to borrow books from the library, instead of buying them.
-I am going to make EVEN MORE food from scratch.
-I am going to can more stuff!!
-I will grow more veggies on my balcony next summer!!
-I am going to use coupons!! Even for restaurants!!
-I am going to plan more outings that are free.
-I will stop spending so much money on scrapbooking!
-I will only buy things at Whole Foods that I REALLY need, and can't get anywhere else.
-I am not going to re-new my gym membership when it's over... (in a few months)
I'm sure that there are lots more things that I will discover, but that's all I can think of right now :) Also, I'm going to add a list of what I won't be doing..... b/c there are some things that just aren't worth it....
-I will not eat less healthy foods b/c they are cheaper. I will continue to read labels and if it has HFCS, trans-fats, or color dyes..... I'm not buying it, even if I get it free with a coupon!
-I will not go back to buying meat at the supermarket. I will stick with my butcher, although I won't get pricey cuts of steak anymore and I'll plan meals around what's on sale!
-I will not stop buying Tristan new clothes, just maybe not as many as before.
Well, that's all I can think of. Now I am going to find some helpful websites!!
No comments:
Post a Comment