Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Car Issue, Take 1

So, luckily we have great insurance through USAA and I was able to file my claim online that night, as well as pick a place to get the car inspected/fixed, AND make a car rental reservation...one right after the other. The rental and all the towing is covered, which is a HUGE relief....

So, we went yesterday and got our rental and then went to get our stuff outta the car and it looked REALLY bad! The whole passenger side was completely smashed in...Tristan and I would have been in serious trouble if we were in that car :( We just left his car seat and bought a new one, b/c they said it wouldn't be safe to keep using it...

The tow truck people said that they think the car will be totalled out. I really just want MY car back, I LOVE my car, it's the prettiest shade of blue (my favorite color) and it just fits me! However, I do understand that it would probably be better to total it, AND that logically, our family could use a car with more space....

So it stands thus: if they fix my car, YAY!! I get my car back..... if not, we are 90% sure that we will be getting a Ford Freestyle. Arthur's sister has one, and we have driven/rode in it several times, and we really like it. Arthur would have a LOT more room, it seats 7, and has WAY more trunk space...so I would be happy about that too.... we'll just have to wait and see what happens.....

No comments: