Yep, that's what Tristan calls it, a Wreck-it :)
Well, Arthur decided he wanted to go see the new James Bond movie on Saturday evening. There was nothing I wanted to see, so Tristan and I just stayed home.
I got a call from Arthur about 40 minutes after he left, and he said he was in an accident, BUT he was ok, WHEW!! He was calling from the cop's phone (we don't do cellphones...yet) and we were trying to figure out what to do and I told him I would get a tow truck out there, to call me after that. As soon as I got off the phone with him, I went to call OnStar...and it hit me.... why didn't he use OnStar????
Anywho, Onstar said they would get a tow truck out there and would take him to the Saturn dealership. SO, I called my awesome friend and she said she would be right over, and we would go get Arthur....not that HE knew that! Anyways, she got here and Tristan was telling her all about daddy's wreck-it and we decided to try the accident site first, well, noone was there! So, we set off for the dealership...noone was there either....
I called OnStar, they said that by the time they had gotten there, the car was already being towed by another place and Arthur was gone, OI!! So, we went home to see if he was there, and...he wasn't. So we checked caller ID and saw a number I didn't know. I called it, it was the Police Station, he was there and about to catch a cab home!! AHHH, stop him, no cab please, WAY too much money!! They stopped him just in time, and we showed up a bit later to get him. My poor baby!! This was the first wreck he has ever been in : ( He was shooken up, and I was in shock. (After all, the thing I have been dreading the most has happened!!) We just got in friend's car and drove home...
Apparently, as he was going down the highway and approaching this notorious curve (IN THE RAIN) he saw police lights and flares on the side of the road (cause someone else had just spun out), so he went to switch lanes and he lost control...spun out and ran right into the other person's car!! So far, he hasn't been cited and luckily we have AWESOME insurance....And the BEST BEST BEST part of all was that Arthur wasn't hurt and that we weren't in the car with him, WHEW!!
Also, he said that OnStar did not automatically link to the car when he got into the wreck (apparently, the air bags have to deploy) AND he did try the buttons, BUT they DIDN'T work!! So, I cancelled their service today and it looks like we will finally be getting a cellphone....
No comments:
Post a Comment