Saturday, March 5, 2011

Allllll by myself.... I wanna be allllll by myself.....

So, next weekend Arthur and Tristan will be going on a "guys weekend" together. They'll be gone for 3 whole days.... I am, as a complete control freak, sorta freaking out about that. It's hard for me to relinquish "control" of the two most important people in my life. I'm worried that without me there to look out for them and take care of them, something might go wrong :( *sigh* See, control freak.

Anyways, I have decided that I just need to realize that Arthur is a grown man and more than capable of taking care of things without me. I have given my worries over to God and am just praying away that they will be OK :)

So, then I got to thinking.... Wow, I get to be ALONE for 3 whole days! No one to cook for, or clean up after! I can go to sleep and wake up whenever I feel like it!! I was going to get a massage, maybe a facial or something... but THEN, I was like, WAIT A MINUTE! I could stay in a hotel! Have my bed made for me and breakfast made for me!! Then the ol' wheels started turning... and I decided....

I am going to Williamsburg.

All. by. my. self.

I made reservations at a nice hotel that has a free hot breakfast. I'm going to go shopping at an antique mall, and NO ONE will be trailing me, whining about how boring it is. And I won't have to say, "Tristan, put that down," "Tristan, where are you, come HERE!" "No, you can't have any candy." AT ALL.

I'm going to spend a day in Colonial Williamsburg, sightseeing on my own time and at my own speed.

I'm going to bring a book and actually be able to read it!

I might go to Yorktown, since we never made it over there the last time we were down....

OH, and in the car, I can listen to my iPod the WHOLE time and sing at the top of my lungs the WHOLE time :)

I'm just a little bit excited about the novelty of being alone. And I don't feel guilty b/c the boys would be gone anyways :) I will miss them, and I'll be SO excited when they come home, but in that space in between.... I'm gonna relax and re-charge!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Awesome! I am so happy for you! I have never taken myself on a vacation like that. I should sometime!

And I am SO happy your blog is back! I missed it!

Guinevere said...

Thanks! I have to say, I really didn't enjoy being by myself like I thought I would.... I'm too much of an extrovert for that I guess. And I couldn't sleep... so it wasn't relaxing, even with a trip to the spa.

Oh well, I tried!