Monday, April 4, 2011

Crying

I watched this show last night, called Army Wives. In this show, a woman who has both a husband and son deployed to Afghanistan found out that her son had died in combat... and it was VERY sad :(

I cried. Like a baby. Like sobbing, can't stop the tears (or the snot) from coming out, SERIOUS sob fest. (Hey, it was REALLY sad!! Especially if you think about that happening to your sweet baby boy, which makes you think about your baby growing up and leaving you.... see, S.A.D!)

And I realized, that it had been a while since I had felt that way. You know, that stuffy feeling you get when you "cry it out". As a matter of fact, I tried to remember the last time I cried like that.... and I couldn't! It was like I had ALMOST forgot what it felt like to cry. And that was an interesting feeling....

And then I felt grateful.... grateful that I haven't had a REASON to cry like that in so long.... I grew up with a lot of drama... I dealt with a lot of dysfunctional, stupid, hurtful people growing up so there USED to be LOTS of crying like that going on. I can remember crying myself to sleep on multiple occasions.... and then, I joined the Army. That was 11 years ago. I can only think of a handful of times that I have cried, REALLY cried, since then.....

I'm a lucky girl......

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

You are one of the Amazing Women I know. Survivors. Thrivers. People who took a difficult upbringing and turned it into a healthy, happy marriage and healthy, happy children. You rock! (and ain't it great yo sweetie ain't in the Army anymore? -- no worries about deployment. War is hell. So much sadness...)

Guinevere said...

Well Thanks! Yes, I am glad I don't have to worry about deployments :)