We left for Niagara Falls on Sunday morning, I can't remember what time, but it was NOT as early as I had wanted to leave! It ended up taking us a lot longer than the 7.5 hours it was supposed to take, but oh well, at least we got there! And, the drive was kind of pretty in most places. I had never been to New York State so it was all new for me, which helps.
I want to say that we got there around 7 or so at night, but I can't really remember... it was still light out, I remember that :) We arrived and checked in, then walked to a pizza place to get dinner to take back to the room. We ate and then walked outside to watch the 10:00 p.m. fireworks over the Falls :)
We stayed on the Canadian side, so we had to have passports. Crossing the border didn't take that long, but it wasn't a cake walk either! Those border agents take their job VERY seriously.
Also, we drove through the US side (obviously) and I have to say that there is NO WAY I would stay there!!! It was SO trashy and ghetto and depressed looking, ie. UGLY. I am so so so so so so so glad that we got passports and stayed in Canada.
I LOVED the Canadian side. It was beautiful and very well kept. We never had any problems with service and found workers in Canada to be SO much more polite and helpful than American workers. That may sound mean, or strange, but trust me; You'll know what I mean after spending a few days there ;)
We stayed at The Embassy Suites Fallsview and let me tell you, I LOVED this hotel. It was SO close to the Falls!! We had a Falls View room on the 30th floor, which means we saw/heard the Falls when we woke up and when we went to sleep...it was MARVELOUS :) The pool area was big and had two hot tubs. The whole place was very clean and all the staff were courteous and efficient. The FREE breakfast buffet was HUGE; there were omelette stations, eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast, hash browns, pancakes, waffles, bagels, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. Plus, it was served at the famous Keg restaurant (which is in the hotel) which meant, like, 280 degree views of the Falls :) There was also a Managers Reception held every afternoon (3-7 p.m.) where you got free drinks and snacks. At the end of our stay, I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment