Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Updates

So, how worthless am I?? I haven't written a thing since March!!

Well, first off, about the whole Gardening thing; my thumb is totally brown and I'm pretty much ready to just give up, LOL. It just never works out and is a huge waste of money, oh well.

April was pretty uneventful. I was pretty stressed out b/c I was taking two classes and one was Military Warfare from Antiquity to 1700 and it was CRAZY!! But, I passed in May so at least it's over... I just have to take part 2 eventually...

In May we went to Philadelphia to see Arthur's sister graduate from University. We stayed with some friends who live in the area and really enjoyed ourselves. And, as stated before, I finished (and passed!) my classes!! We also finished up Tristan's first year of homeschool! Every thing went really great and we are still so happy to have chosen this path :)

In June, my family came down for Tristan's 6th Birthday. We had it at an Amusement Park and had a GREAT time. We played Laser Tag, rode Bumper Boats, Go Karts, a Roller Coaster and played Mini Golf; everyone had a blast!

Then, we went on vacation to Niagara Falls, Canada. WE LOVED IT!!!!! I'll write a more detailed post about the trip later, complete with pictures :)

We returned and my Nanny put in a nice new Porcelain tile floor in my bathroom, YAY!

Then, my friend came into town on business for 2 weeks and I watched her twin girls during the day. They were too cute!

When they left, I got SICK!! BLAH! It was a sinus infection/ear infection that also caused my tonsils to become infected and I was M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!!! It took me a while to get over it and completely messed up our 4th of July plans :(

In June I also went to the bridal shower for my SIL! She got married on July 31st and we went down to Richmond, VA for the wedding and had a wonderful time. I left from Richmond and drove down to Georgia to bring my niece home and visit for the week, that was OK. The drive back was HORRIBLE cause I got stuck in I-95 traffic that added 3 hours onto my trip!!

Next up was Arthur's cousin's wedding in PA. We spent the weekend up there and really enjoyed the wedding, it was beautiful. We came home and had one week to relax and prepare for the coming year.

On Aug. 23rd, we officially started school. Things are going even better this year! We have really found our groove and Tristan is used to it. He also seems a bit more focused this year and is catching on to stuff a lot more quickly. I'll post more specifics on his 1st grade year later :)

Well, that's all I can think of right now. All of Spring and Summer was SO busy this year that now everything is just a blur, LOL. There was SO much going on I even have a hard time remembering them in order!! However, things are back to normal now. We have a routine and I don't foresee any travel in the immediate future ;) The house is clean and organized, the laundry is all caught up and we are back to eating healthy... hopefully it will stay that way!

No comments: