Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Whew!

Big weight off my shoulders! I just finished ordering all of Tristan's curriculum for Kindergarten. I chose a mix and match approach and here's the line up, cause I know you're just DYING to know ;)

1. History/Geography, Science, Bible and Handwriting were all ordered from Sonlight. This is a GREAT Literature based curriculum and Kindergarten is called Introduction to World Cultures.
-Lots of Usborne books, over 100 science experiments, award winning books, etc.
-Handwriting is Handwriting Without Tears
-I'll be getting all the story books from the library so the house isn't packed with books...
I'm only going to buy ones that Tristan REALLY likes and would read again.

2. For Math I chose Math-U-See. It comes with a DVD for the teacher (moi) that explains everything for you and how to teach it to your kid. It is very visual and comes with blocks (manipulatives). It's made so kids REALLY grasp mathematical concepts. The website offers timed Math Drills and tons of printable worksheets you can use in addition to the workbook.

3. Phonics/Reading will be our Hooked on Phonics set that we bought last year and dabbled around with, in addition to some Dr. Seuss books.

4. P.E will consist of sports and activities that Tristan is signed up for and will change based on the season. To start off; he'll have Flag football twice a week, gymnastics once a week, swimming lessons once a week, and various playground meet-ups throughout the week.

5. I have e-mailed the Chinese school, but haven't heard back from them yet. I hope we get a spot with them!

6. No piano yet, too busy right now to work on that. We're going to start off with books that teach kids the music notes and how to read music.

I have joined two homeschool support groups that both have TONS of social opportunities. We'll be some busy bees around here!!!

No comments: