Kiwi Fruit Facial CleanserSo, I found this recipe on www.allnaturalbeauty.com.
Verdict First: TOTALLY surprising!! I LOVE it!! Usually things like this never work on the first try... but as soon as I was done making it, I tried it out on my unwashed face. It smelled sooooooo good! Both the Kiwi seeds and ground up almonds worked to exfoliate and my skin is really soft now. I keep feeling it b/c it feels so good ;) Now, I don't wear make-up, so I have no idea how this works with that... but it can't hurt to try... or maybe to use after you use harmful chemicals to remove the make-up, maybe :)
Here's the recipe... I timed it by 6 because I had 6 kiwis :)
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 2 tablespoons, plain, greek-style yogurt
- 1 tbsp. orange water
- 1 tbsp. apricot or almond oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. finely ground almonds (you can do that in a blender)
- 2 drops orange essential oil
* Instead of Orange water and Orange Oil, I used a few teaspoons of my Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial cleanser.
* I used Almond Oil that I bought at the grocery...right next to the Olive Oil.
Puree the Kiwi fruit in a food processor (or a bowl and immersion blender) until liquid. Add yogurt, orange water, almond (apricot) oil, and ground almonds. Process until thick and creamy. Add essential oil and stir to mix.
Massage it all over your face and neck, then rinse.
(Keep it in the refrigerator!)
What about the cost?????
- Jar of honey with comb $4.79
- Almond Oil $6.19
- 6 Kiwi Fruit $2.00
- Yogurt $2.98
- Almonds (small pack) $1.49
*Burt's Bees Cleanser $8.00
TOTAL: $25.45
That sounds like a lot. But it made enough to fill a 16 oz. mason jar with another 4 oz. left over. PLUS, I have enough stuff to make about 3 more batches (just need Kiwi)... which would be another $6.00.... which means it would be $31.45 for 60 ounces. That comes to 52 cents an ounce! Plus, it would be a little cheaper to just get the Orange Oil and omit the water and not use my Burt's Bees stuff...but I wanted to get rid of it.
My Burt's Bees all-natural cleanser is $8.00 (at Target) for 4.34 ounces. That comes to $1.84 an ounce! Hello!! McFly!!
And honestly, my face feels a whole heck of a lot better with my homemade stuff :)
1 comment:
are you still using this cleanser? How's it working for you? But does it help acne? You never really had acne, always had creamy smooth skin as I recall. Like Snow White (which I just watched, by the way! :O)
Post a Comment