Is it EVER going to warm up?? Holy cow I am SO sick of this cold weather, it's driving me NUTS!!!
Yes, I am freaking out b/c we close on our house in just 3 days, and no it can't get here fast enough ;)
But seriously.... I just want some warm weather so we can enjoy going outside for goodness sakes!! I hate all the dead trees and brown grass, it's just SO depressing! I want green leaves and grass, pink, red and white azaleas...tulips of all colors!! Let's go spring, get a MOVE on!!
On a more cheerful note, the Cherry Blosssom Festival starts this weekend and lasts for 2 weeks! It's ALWAYS warm by the end of the festival, so theoretically, we've only got 2 more weeks MAX of this icky, cold weather, hopefully sooner though :)
We finally got Tristan a kite for the festival. If you have never gone, there is always a few days during the CB Festival when they do kite flying days and HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of people fly kites on the Mall.... it's pretty awesome :) They even have comepetitions with giant sized kites (bigger than cars) and professional kite flyers. It's neat to watch.
Anyways.... for the next 2 days I'll be wasting away in my apartment.... packing, cleaning, homeschooling, cooking and DREAMING of warm weather and Cherry Blossoms and tulips in DC.... *sigh*
1 comment:
Aw, I totally feel for you. I get so down under gray skies. But think how great it will be once you get the sunshine and heat -- your garden will TAKE OFF under the hot, humid Maryland sun. My plants used to grow so fast when I lived out there. :O)
That cherry blossom festival and the kite-flying sounds wonderful, magical, amazing. Have a great time! Post all about it!
Post a Comment