Saturday, August 20, 2011

Starting 2nd Grade on Monday!!!!!!!!!!

ALL three levels of my house are clean AT THE SAME TIME!! And the laundry is, well, almost done. All curriculum has been purchased, delivered and organized. All supplies have been bought. Got the new backpack, got the new clothes... still need the new shoes, but hey, you don't need new shoes to homeschool, so, whatever. All field trips have been planned, still need to put them up on my "Field Trip" board. Bought tickets for The Nutcracker in December and will get tickets for our annual Navy Football game this week. Our vacation to Homeshool Days in Williamsburg, VA is all planned and funds saved.

CALL ME BUTTER BABY, 'CAUSE I'M ON A ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Here is our school room! We went out and got these chairs from IKEA last night. My desk has the blue chair and Tristan's has the red chair :) My desk is all set up so I can hook up the lap top for my school work, or for the printer, etc.



We use the bed for read a-loud time. Usually, one or both of the cats will jump up there and curl up for the story too :)

So, for all interested, here's the break down:

Classical Conversations: This is our co-op, we meet once a week. The kids memorize lots and lots of important facts for History, Geography, Science, Grammar, Latin, and Math. Plus, they do fine arts and science experiments. GREAT group, we L-O-V-E this group!!

We are using the My Father's World- Adventures curriculum which is focused on American History. It covers History, Geography, Science, Bible, Art, Music and Literature. I'm going to try and post, periodically, about all the cool stuff we are doing! I even got permission from Arthur to post pics of Tristan, YAY!!!

For Math: Horizons (finishing up Grade 1, then on to Grade 2)

Spelling: Horizons, Grade 2

Language Arts: First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind 2, Writing With Ease Level 2

Latin: Song School Latin (review)

Chinese: Better Chinese

Extra-curricular activities:

* Soccer; practice twice a week, games on Saturdays
* AWANA once a week
* Guitar lessons, once a week
* Gym/Health class, twice a week
* Field trips, every -to every other- Friday

In the winter, sport will change to basketball; in the spring, lacrosse.

* We get to start an actual Chinese class, led by a native speaker, in January!!!!

I *think* that's it. To say I'm excited is an understatement :)

I love this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

Our Family said...

It sounds like you guys are going to have a fun year! Yay to pics of the kiddo! I'm imagining he's not loving you right now for the chinese but definitely will when he's an adult. Good job mama!

Guinevere said...

Thanks! He actually likes the Chinese because he can do the supplemental stuff on the computer :)

Sunshine said...

You are BUSY, mama! Impressive!!!

Your house looks AMAZING, by the way!