I am so over Winter! We are just starting to see our yard again through the snow, and they are calling for MORE snow!!
Well, I am just ignoring it... I have taken to daydreaming about green grass and leaves while driving... must stop that, LOL.
So, I'm going to try my hand at gardening again this year. This is a very important skill that I am determined to get right so that I can pass the skills along to Tristan, and any other kids me may have! So, learning from mistakes made last year!
1. Trying to do less! I tried to do too much last year... this year, the only veggie I am doing is tomatoes (and later... brussels sprouts). Then, I'll do herbs, lettuce and Swiss Chard, which are easier. (supposedly)
2. I bought a seed starting kit that came with a heat mat to keep the soil at proper temperature.
3. Will follow suggested time frames for transplanting, etc. Last year I kept them in small containers too long.
4. Will only put ONE tomato plant in one container, as opposed to 3 in 1 conatiner... which was bad...
So... I bought my seeds and they are on the way. The seed starter kit is here. And, I'm starting to save my milk jugs. (to hold the seedlings when they get big enough) Here is what I am trying!
1. Caspian Pink Tomatoes
2. San Marzano (Paste) Tomatoes
3. Creole Tomatoes
4. Brussels Sprouts (For Fall Harvest)
5. Sweet Basil
6. English Thyme
7. Rosemary
8. Chives
9. Parsley
10. Mixed Romaine lettuce
11. Swiss Chard
Wish me luck!!
No comments:
Post a Comment