Friday, July 17, 2009

Of course I work!

Man I tell you what! Being a stay-at-home-mommy and Family CEO is a LOT of work! I LOVE every minute of it, but I'm just sayin' :) I'm blogging while I'm on hold with the Dentist, trying to schedule appointments around travel and other appointments... Have I ever mentioned how much I hate being on hold??

Whew, I think I am done with appointment making... still to do today, I have to make more laundry detergent [ I'll try to post the recipe for that soon! It's GREAT! Works perfectly and one 5 gallon bucket lasted for 4 months and saved me over $250 on detergent!! WOOHOO!! ] I also need to complete the forms for the two homeschool support groups we're joining and mail them out, and clean all three bathrooms, tidy up the kitchen and then take the kids outside for some fun!

Also, we are going to try and get Tristan into Chinese School. I need to fill out the forms and e-mail them off... hopefully, they will have enough open spots and he'll get in. This Chinese school is the/a place where Chinese-American parents send their children to become fluent in their native tongue and learn all about their heritage, but all people are welcome. It's neat b/c not only will he learn Mandarin, he'll learn about and celebrate things like Lunar New Year, Spring Festival, etc. The only thing that stinks is that classes are held on Sundays from 1:30 to 4:50. So, we'd have to go straight from church, eat lunch and then to Chinese school... kinda takes up a whole weekend day. But, I guess it's not bad considering he doesn't have to spend 7 hours a day/5 days a week at regular school....

Well, I'm off to work ;)

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

That is so awesome that you are sending Tristan to Chinese School! Seriously, that is going to broaden his horizons so much. It will be like being a foreign exchange student every Sunday afternoon. Just awesome. What a great idea. That would have never even occurred to me. Good going, Mom! And it's no biggie sacrificing a weekend day since you're homeschooling. Can you sit in and re-learn all your Chinese? :O)