Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bathroom- FINALLY!

A few months after we moved in, I painted Tristan's bathroom a bright red... you know, the color of Lightning McQueen, his FAVORITE race car.... well, bright red in a small windowless bathroom is dark and depressing. Add to that, Tristan makes a mess of epic proportions wherever he goes. So the molding next to the tub was getting moldy from all the water escaping, that had to go too... Oh, and the towel bar was over the toilet, so he couldn't reach it without getting water everywhere!! Needless to say, REDO!!

We pulled out the moldy trim, cleaned the area and sprayed with Kilz. I pulled down the silver towel bar and drilled holes for the new towel rack. Then I had to prime the walls with grey tinted primer. Finally, I was able to paint!! I chose this pretty neutral color that I'm putting in my bedroom, Tristan's bedroom and the schoolroom (guest bedroom). It's from Valspar and called "Soft Camel". I got the paint plus primer in satin finish. After the paint dried, I put the new trim in, put the toilet back together, outlet covers back on, hung up new towel rack, swept, mopped, cleaned and VOILA!! (Hah!) All done, and here it is:

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

How long did it take?